Saturday 27 September 2008

New news, or old...if you've been reading my comments!

Yes, everyone, I'm expecting Doggett baby number 4! We're all thrilled! I wasn't really trying to keep it a secret, but I'm only 6 weeks along now, and I've had a miscarriage before and I try to avoid having people feel weird about not knowing what to say if it happens again. I'm waiting to get through the first trimester so that I can have travel insurance to visit my family in America. I'm feeling great, but very tired, with swollen ankles already. I'm certain I feel kicks sometimes, too, which I know is impossible, but really bazaar! Hopefully, the midwife can sort me out on this dilema.

Thank you, to those of you who've already left your congrats in my comments. And Trisha, don't feel bad, as I'm very open about these things!

This also marks my first post without a picture. If you can tell, I'm really into the picture thing. I'd put a picture of me pregnant up here, if I ever actually looked like I was pregnant. I just get super fat and no one can tell that there's even a baby in there, even when I'm just about to pop! So, it will be a shocker if I ever put up a prego photo, but never say never!

12 comments:

sophie said...

Congratulations! I have a question about your use of a midwife..how do you use their services exactly? In a hospital, at home, for your entire prenatal care? I would LOVE to talk to you about it..Mike and I are looking into using one but I don't know many people who actually have. If you have the time, email me at sophia.mccurley@gmail.com.

I will pray for you and your wee wee little one that you make it safely through the beginning!

Maria said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting and I hope all goes well with this one. So would you be do in May?

Jaimers said...

Thank you, ladies! Yes, I will be due May 27th, although I think it will be sooner!

Sarah Coyne said...

Jamie!!! YAY!!! I'm soo excited for you! Congratulations! I hope you have a brilliant preganancy with NO throwing up!
Also, I just read a statistic that said that most women only miscarry once and that you have like an 85% chance of not having a miscarriage if you've already had one. I read that in Parents magazine, so not the most reliable source, but it made me feel happy so thought I'd pass it along!

Jaimers said...

Thanks Sarah! I do feel positive that everything will be fine. It's nice to have statistical uplift, though!

Ruth said...

How exciting Jaime! and congratulations to you both. So I wonder if no. 4 will be a boy or a girl? Our summer get-togethers are growing in number each year!
Anyway, I hope you are not feeling too yucky and that everything goes smoothly for you. Will keep in touch. Love to all your family.

Best wishes,
Ruth xxx

Rachel said...

woohoo! I had no idea, but I am so very excited for you guys-Congratulations! :) I miss you..

Jaimers said...

Thankyou ladies!

Unknown said...

Yeah Tricia way to let the cat out of the bag j/k. So we are so excited. By the way Mackay was excited to hear your phantom of the opera music on here. He said that is allhe wanted for his birthday was to go and see the show.

Jaimers said...

Sophia wants to see the show, too, but we think she's a bit young. We told her we'd take her when she turned 12.

The Scott Family said...

Thats fantastic news Jaime...congratulations to you. hope you are keeping well. Have sent you an invite to view my blog ...yep...have joined the Blogging party1!

allypally said...

I left a comment days ago, but it never showed up, so...

Congratulations!!! Exciting news!