Thursday 25 September 2008

Dreams of the Dentist

I went to the dentist a couple days ago. I know most people hate the dentist, and completely dread going, but I couldn't be more opposite. I love the dentist. I always look forward to going to the dentist because I know I'm going to get a major self-esteem boost. I grew up having dentist trying to set me up with their sons, which was a bit freaky, but flattering. They just wanted grandchildren with teeth like mine. Now, I go and soak it in as the dentist tells me what beautiful teeth I have. My dentist now is Norwegian, so I always need for him to repeat his compliments. I know I'm sounding really vain and silly, but it must be okay to be vain about ones teeth. I used to be vain about my feet, but they're no longer something to brag about, due to all the walking that I do. I have to be satisfied with the fact that the dentist only wants me to come every 9 months. Little does he know that I dream of coming more!

8 comments:

The Hoffmans said...

Haha! Your a nut! But yes you and your brothers have always had beautiful teeth! Its totally something you can be vain about! BTW Congrats on the little one on the way!

Jen said...

It's okay, Jaime. We're all vain about some things. I, for one, wish I had a dermatologist that told me great things about my horrible Bracken skin, but as it is...;) Wait. You're pregnant?! Congratulations!

The Hoffmans said...

Sorry I didnt realise things were not out yet. I do apologize.

sophie said...

Okay, so I know I should probably hold my tongue, but I can't: Congratulations!! How exciting!!!

Sarah Coyne said...

I was more excited to see the dentist when we moved to the USA than my family! How freaky is that??? I ended up having 7 cavities after moving from the UK! BLECH!

Jaimers said...

What?? 7 cavities! Is that the result of a bad dentist here, or did you not make it to the dentist here. I couldn't find a dentist in Chorley.

Unknown said...

So I went to the dentist yesterday and I am jealous because I have 5 cavities! I swear I brush faithfully. I just have way sensitive teeth

Jaimers said...

Don't beat yourself up Mandi. Not everyone can have as beautiful teeth as mine!