Thursday 4 September 2008

Back to School

Sophia's first day of Year 1 was yesterday, so now I feel like a full fledged 'School Mummy'! The nice thing about her school is that it is really small, by American standards. (By English standards, it's not so small. I've seen village schools here that only have 2 children in them!). The children in her class are all the same children as last year, only her teacher has changed. I think this takes away a lot of the adjustment of going back. These will be the same children that she builds friendships with for the next 6 years. It makes it easier for me, too b/c I feel like I know the parents and their children pretty well.
We all really missed Sophia yesterday. The house seems so quiet without her. Chloe really misses her, too. Life is suddenly going to be overloaded with being busy now! Sophia will have Art, Choir, and Ballet after school. Her school also has a really excellent music program, so we want to look into violin lessons (her request, I don't know if I would choose something so noisy!).

The crazy thing is that Chloe will be starting school next year...aaaaaaaagh!
She is just too young to me. I'm going to have to try and forget about it until it happens!

2 comments:

Maria said...

She looks so cute! I love the uniform. How about harp?
I don't know if I could stand the first few years of violin! Good luck!
:)

Sarah Coyne said...

Oh my goodness, she looks so grown up! Her hair also got so long!
Nathan started preschool this week!!! Our kids are getting too big too fast! Dang that thing that they call time.