Wednesday 27 August 2008

Tuesday (or Wednesday) Tell All

Tuesday Tell All is something I found through my friend, Sarah Coyne. It seemed like a good way to write about something random and make a bit of a personal history, although if I don't like the topics, I just might change them! This weeks seemed appropriate, though, as everyone seems to be thinking about school. Sophia starts 1st Year on the 4th September. Time just flies!


So, for the first Tuesday Tell All: What is your earliest memory of school, what did you love about the first week of school, who was your favorite teacher, subject, or playground game?

One of my earliest memories was in Kindergarten and I was sitting at a round table with about 4 other children. The teacher had instilled in us that you must get permission to use the toilet, so I raised my hand and the teacher just never called on me and I wet my pants...really bad. There was puddles, and one of the girls I was sitting with just kept looking under the table and saying, "Uh ohh!". I also remember in 3rd grade, our bathrooms were in the classrooms, and I was on the toilet singing opera songs at the top of my lungs. I thought I sounded pretty good, so the singing got louder and louder and more dramatic. When I came out of the bathroom, the whole class clapped for me! The boys thought it was hilarious, too, and kept doing it when they used the bathroom after that! I seem to keep getting bathroom experiences in my head, so I'll stop those with that one!

My favourite thing to do at play time was to play hairdressers. My name was always 'Vicky'. We had a babysitter named Vicky, and I thought her name was so cool! I also loved to twirl on the bars on the playground. I can't remember any favourite teachers. I pretty much loved them all! I don't have any school pictures with me in England, so here is the closest one I could find to being school-aged.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Jamie! YAY! How are you? I am so sorry the day we got back from England Jack forgot to take everyones info out of his pocket and they went throught the wash! I am so glad that you wrote. Jack and I just spent last night with Debbie and Martyn Turvey and they told us about your new house and how much you love it! That is so awesome~ What else is new? How is the family? We miss you guys.:( Talk to you soon

Sarah Coyne said...

This was hilarious! I could totally imagine you singing in the bathroom! The picture is so cute and looks EXACTLY like Sophia!

Unknown said...

Oh Vicky yoiu are so crazy! I totally thought tht was Sophia in the picture until I continued on reading your blog.