Sunday 30 August 2009

St Tropez

We're back!! We had a lovely time, but it went all too fast! Our alternator belt broke on the journey (which took about 20 hours). We made it there, though, so that was a huge blessing! Poor Simon did all that driving and then he had to walk 10 miles from a Ford garage, twice. I would have volunteered, but I don't speak French, so I just sat around the pool with the children. I guess there are some benefits in my ignorance towards learning a foreign language!


St Tropez had a really lovely old harbour. I loved all the buildings with shutters on them. I have never seen so many yachts in my life, though. They were ginormous! The rich just go there to show off their wealth, and it works! People just crowd around and take pictures of them. I thought the people must be famous or something, but I didn't recognise them so I didn't waste any pictures on them. My children make far better subjects for pictures! I think they were just rich, anyway, not famous. I don't have enough time to write about the bazaar behaviour of the people in St Tropez, but it was interesting. I've just realised that there is not a single picture of me on our holiday. Not that you'd be missing much, but I can't believe I don't have at least one. I was there...really!


Anyway, we had a fab time and, most importantly, we had sunshine!! The weather report this morning said to get geared up for Autumn this week. What?!? We haven't even had summer yet! Don't get me wrong, I really love it here, but I don't know how I survive the weather. I must really love this Simon fella!

4 comments:

Maria said...

You guys are so brave to take the kids on holiday! It looks AMAZING and I am extremely jealous!:) Hope you are well!

Pam said...

Holiday in St Tropez! My family is jealous! So glad that you had a great time but next time we do need more pictures of you. Love Ya!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! We are going to go to a water park in Arizona this weekend for the last summer activity for the year. Then we are hoping it will cool down.

Dorey said...

What I would give to "Holiday" in St. Tropez! This just looks so fun and charming! Sorry about your car, at least you were lounging by a pool. =)

Thanks for the sweet comment about my Mom. =)