Wednesday 5 August 2009

A Legacy of Faith

I haven't been able to get on here in ages, due to being the RS President and a full-time mother of 4, but it was about time that I got around to it now.
My grandpa, Taylor Petersen, died last week. We had been expecting it for some time, and he hung in there for a lot longer than was originally predicted. We went over to visit him in November, as it was thought he might not make it to the New Year.



My grandpa was a great man. He was a man of faith! He was constantly studying the Gospel. He taught Institute for a number of years and served a mission with my grandma in Hawii. His faith and service in the gospel, and his love for the family is all that matters now. He always lived a life of righteousness and I know that, if I do the same, I will live forever with him and my family.


I really love my grandpa so much! I am eternally grateful for the example that he's been in my life. This example has made a great impact on the person I am today, and on my children. I miss him so much. I've spent a lot of time feeling sad that I won't see him the next time I visit America, but I'm really happy for him. He gets to be with all his family who have passed on, he even had a child that died that I know he'll be able to be with now, but most of all he gets to be held in the loving arms of his Saviour, Jesus Christ. What a wonder that must be!

The funeral is tomorrow and I'll really miss being there and seeing everyone, but I am so grateful that I was able to go in November.




I love you, Grandpa, and I'll see you again!

4 comments:

Pam said...

What a sweet tribute Jaime!! We will be thinking of you tomorrow.....Love you!!

Jennifer (Heckaman) Jenkins said...

I love reading everyone's little tributes to grandpa on their blogs! He was so blessed and so loved! And I love the pics you have--I've never seen them before! We'll miss you tomorrow too!!!

Becca said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa! It's so great to know that you'll see him again someday. I also have to say that I LOVE your Grandma. She was a Sunday School teacher of mine when I was a kid and she taught me some things, that I'll never forget! I know how it feels to live far away from family. Although we are still in the United States we still only get to visit family once a year. :(

Goodfellow Family said...

Hey you, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa.....that was a really cool post you did. Miss you tons and love seeing the blog. Loves!