Friday 29 May 2009

Lucy Lou


Lucy Louise Annora Doggett was born on the 25th May, after a grueling 1 hour and 30 minute labour. I know, it's not long, but it was intense. I was induced with pre-eclampsia again. I learned something new about pre-eclampsia, and that is that I'm, apparently, allergic to being pregnant! The doctor said that labour that is induced due to pre-eclampsia is usually quick b/c your body is eager to get the baby out b/c it's making you sick. Nice, I know, but my 3 babies that I had pre-eclampsia with have all been labours under 2 hours. Chloe was the only baby I wasn't allergic to and she took 2 days to get out! I just think the whole thing is hilarious! Anyway, we're happy and healthy. Lucy is a good baby and a good feeder. We've had a couple of sleepless nights, but what's having a newborn without a lack of sleep? All the children have been ecstatic about having her. She is a well-loved baby!

16 comments:

Pam said...

She is adorable Jaime! What a trooper you are but the reward is great! I love the name:)

allypally said...

That last picture is just adorable!

Congratulations! I'm glad things are going well, even with the sleepless nights (we know what that's like!) Glad the kids are loving having her, that makes it all so much easier!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I think she looks like Sophia from the pics.

Becca said...

Congratulations! She is such a cutie!

Sarah Coyne said...

Hooray! She is beautiful! I remember you telling me years ago that you thought there was a little "Lucy" waiting to be born to your family and now she's here! YAY!!! Congratulations! She's gorgeous!!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! She looks like a dogget. WEll done Jaimie your family is so beautiful, we miss you guys!

Allison said...

She is just lovely Jaime!!! Congrats to you and your family. That is so cool that your mom was able to be there!

Maria said...

I have been checking daily to see what you had and when! Finally1!! Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love the name.

cfarar said...

Very cute baby, Congratulations!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations. I know how intense an hour and 30 minute labour is Spencer was the same way and it is so intense.

I hope you are starting to feel better now!!

The Hoffmans said...

Congratulations! She is really pretty, she doesnt even look like a newborn!

Rachel said...

What a beauty and smiling already !!! I'm thrilled for you....4 is quite a number...but it's brilliant, good luck. Hope to see her and you when we are next in Bath xx

The Scott Family said...

Now this is one beautiful baby!! Shes gorgeous Jaime! Well done and a huge congratulations!

Dorey said...

Congratulations! She is such a doll. =)

Goodfellow Family said...

Yay she is here safe and sound. How big was she? Congrats....can't believe you have 4 kiddos...so does the doctor say you can have any more with the preclamp stuff? Well love you and wish you the best of luck. Loves!

Rachel said...

Lucy is beautiful, and she already looks like your family! :) Congratulations!