Sunday 22 June 2008

Summer is coming!


I know, for most of you, summer is probably already here, but in England it's coming...and sometimes it never even makes it! I'm optimistic, though, that it will come this year. Everything is green, blossoming, and beautiful! It's even more beautiful to me, because we're moving in 3 days, so you won't see me on here for a couple of weeks.

I thought I'd share some photos from some of the fun we've had in the last couple of weeks. The top one is from Cornwall. Chloe was stropping, so she's not in the photo. It's not a good idea to strop on the edge of a cliff, but she never chooses the right moment! Cornwall has some of the most dramatic, beautiful coastine I have ever seen in my life. It's the English equivalent of the dramatic coastline of Lake Powell, just completely different! Green vs. brown!

The bottom photo is from the grounds of a manor house near our home. It's called Bowood. We have season tickets to it. The grounds and home are gorgeous, and there is a big adventure playgound, where Sophia particularly loves to go down the death slide...when she's feeling brave. We spend most of our free days there.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back on here and seeing what you're all up to, as soon as my move is over and we're settled in! Take care.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move I hope all goes well. I love the pictures. Say hello to Simon and give the kids hugs from aunt Mandi.

Goodfellow Family said...

Girl, I can't get over how beautiful your kids are. Those girls, wow! Anyhoo, love keeping in touch better through this blog thing. Love you tons. Sarah

Pratt's Press said...

Thanks for your comments!! The kitchen has worked out really well, we are really pleased!

I agree with you about British beaches, ive had a few trips to "popular" beaches and been so disappointed because of the crowds etc. I like quiet secluded places and full of sand!!!

I think cornwall may just bring back my faith in British beaches...if i ever get there!!!